- Where you consume water in your daily life
- Training the young to fix our problems
http://www.yesworld.org/ and http://www.csl.org.au/
- The gift economy in Mali
- Twitter users skew towards the older crowd
(I’m beginning to think I might have to add yet another Twitter post qualifying previous posts.)
- Facebook unlikely to release currency
Though what a great development if it did! An alternative currency on a global scale! That’s pretty cool and exciting.
- Sustainable Energy without the hot air – a great, free, PDF book
- Seychelles decides food security is more important than tourism
- Donor cards can now be filled in online!
- Biochar is pretty interesting
- Ecology of Money by Richard Douthwaite is an excellent book comparing money systems issued by governments, commercial organsiations (ie banks), and by their users. Very interesting indeed, and stunning to think we’re not more aware of this.
- UK’s green companies facing tough times due to availability of credit and investment runs counter to the government’s stated intent.
- The Skoll Foundation’s mission is to advance systemic change to benefit communities around the world by investing in, connecting and celebrating social entrepreneurs.